Call for Membership 2020
The Mexican Society of Synchrotron Light, A.C.
Call for professionals, students, researchers, academics, industrialists and the society in general to join the Mexican Society of Synchrotron Light as Associates or Student Associates; the requirements are listed below.
Requirements for SMLS Membership
The Mexican Society of Synchrotron Light, A.C. is a national organization founded on December 9, 2019 to bring together Mexican students and professionals that develop and use synchrotron light as a tool in their scientific research.
This is the first scientific society of its kind in Latin America that looks at the future and brings together the synchrotron light techniques (through courses, workshops, schools and congresses) not only to benefit its users but also to get closer the industry and to promote technological innovation as well, to benefits the Mexican society.
Additionally, the SMLS was created to organize and collaborate with the design and carrying out of courses, seminars, conferences, congresses, expositions, the editing of publications, as well as the creation of study, academic plans and programs related to synchrotron light, in conjunction with other associations (unions).
Membership for persons and groups will be termed “Active Associate” once accepted by the General Assembly. The fees are divided into three main categories as follows:
|Category||Cost (MXN)||Category||Cost (MXN)|
|Professional||$ 3,000||Older than 65 years||$ 1,500|
|Postgraduate Student||$ 2,000||Retired||$ 500|
|Undergraduate Student||$ 1,000||Professional Company||$ 5,000|
The membership application form that must be filled out is available HERE. Then the documents that must be uploaded afterwards in the platform are: receipt of payment, professional ID card (when applicable), and proof of residence (for example, utility payment receipt). It is recommended that these documents have to be altogether before filling out the application.
The annual membership covers from the 1st of May up to the end of April of the following year.
a) BANK DATA FOR PAYMENT
Name: Sociedad Mexicana de Luz Sincrotrón AC
Account Number: 65-50820445-0
b) MERCADO PAGO
IMPORTANT NOTICE: When making the payment, please indicate in the concept: “Annual membership payment of the SMLS, followed by the name of the depositor”
- Partial support for measurements on a Synchrotron (when existing a call).
- Access to the scientific results and communications obtained from the members of the Society.
- Participation in forums of various synchrotron light techniques (the announcement will be posted on the SMLS website, with a minimum of one week’s prior to notice).
- Preferential fees for courses, congresses and events organized by the society.
- Support is offered at special prices to organization members for solving important company issues.
- There is a selection committee to support the publication in the best journals dedicated to synchrotron light sources of the best projects created by the users of the society. The associate will request this benefit.